Friday, September 16, 2005

Jon Bon Jovi Predicts College Football

Northwestern Wildcats (2-0) vs. #18 Arizona State Sun Devils (1-1)

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, Wildcats and Sun Devils. You give defense a bad name. Woah, Brett Basanez and Sam Keller, you're loaded guns. And with the notable exception of Tyrell Sutton, there's nowhere to run. ASU, no one can save you, the damage will be done. 'Cats win, 38-35.

ASU 52, Northwestern 21. Oops. Defense given a bad name, indeed. Tyrell could've gotten more carries, though. Boo to that.

Michigan State Spartans (2-0) vs. #10 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0)

Charlie Weis is a ride on a mystery train. To a place you've not been since the heydey of Lou Holtz. I, Jon Bon Jovi, believe. With every breath that I breathe. ND can turn a whisper to a scream; I believe, I believe. While I think Drew Stanton is like Tommy and Gina - won't back down, I think Brady Quinn is that, but more so. MSU may have won the last 4 times in South Bend, but this is the end. Irish win, 21-17.

MSU 44, Notre Dame 41. Again, Mr. Bon Jovi is half right. Nobody did much backing down. But you have to put this game away. And planting the MSU flag in the ND turf? Not so classy.

#13 Miami Hurricanes (0-1) vs. #20 Clemson Tigers (2-0)

Miami's down on their luck. It's tough. So tough. Clemson dreams of running away with this one, and I, Bon Jovi, say, "Baby, it's okay." Miami's got their talent in hock, if you will. They're holding in what they used to make it talk - mental toughness. So tough, it's tough. They've got to hold on to what they've got. But it doesn't make a difference, because Clemson came into the Orange Bowl last year and won, and Miami took 94 million sacks last week. Tigers win, 27-20.

Miami 36, Clemson 30. In overtime, no less. Jon, you're having a tough week, buddy. Nice call on the sacks (5) by Clemson.

#5 Tennesee Volunteers (1-0) vs. #6 Florida Gators (2-0)

Let's face it. Even though I'm Jon Bon Jovi, master of the song-story, I can't make a song more infectious than Rocky Top. So, I'm going to get that stuck in your head right now. "Rocky Top, you'll always be/home sweet home to me/Good ol' Rocky Top/Rocky Top, Tennessee/Rocky Top, Tennessee." Seriously, though Chris Leak + Urban Meyer = One wild, one wild, one wild, one wild night. And day. The offense is tailored to his strengths, is what I mean. Gators win, 42-24.

Florida 16, Tennesse 7. Congratulations Jon, you got one. None of the facts were accurate besides that one, though.

#8 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) vs. #17 Boston College Eagles (2-0)

Hey, welcome, welcome to the good times, Boston College. You're going to get killed. I don't care if you're a cowboy, Chief Osceola will ride on his non-steel horse, and stab you with a flaming spear. I, Bon Jovi, left my lyrics behind, because I like the flaming spear thing. Seminoles win, 35-14.

FSU 28, BC 17. Pretty close on the score, called the win. Hooray.

Jon Bon Jovi: (2-3)
Season: (7-8)

1 Comments:

At 22 September, 2005 12:15, Blogger Unknown said...

Very creative!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home