Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Nothing Since March 19? Really?

Okay, so I think we can all agree that I've been remiss in doing anything other than make fun of arena football teams that haven't stepped on an indoor field since before I could drive, but certainly something amusing has passed through my head, right?

Checking my handy-dandy little notebook, apparently... I dislike my Mortgage Banking Overlords, for whom I will have to suffer through some sales workshop that has no bearing on my actual life next week. (Look forward to that, though I may avoid it, no matter what the chance for humor.) Oh, I watched the pilot episode of The Riches, which I rather liked. Even if Minnie Driver is the creepiest of the creepy when all strung-out. But Eddie Izzard is enjoyable, and I will steal his humor (he's British, so I suppose it's "humour") when it suits my fancy. And the daughter is good-looking and not a bad actress. (And not freakily-young, so no worries there.)

I also found out via Deadspin comments that John Spencer allegedly was a jerk to crew members, and made people cry. This bothers me deeply, but I can still want to be as skilled as John Spencer, and be nice to people. So, whatever. Also, a Google search on "John Spencer makes people cry" doesn't come up with anything. So, I'm going to file that under "L" for "Lies, lies! Why do you lie? What makes you lie?!?"

On the 21st, at 1:09 AM, apparently something happened that caused me to write the following:
iTunes Knows!
-Cecilia, Simon and Garfunkel
-Mr. Jones, Counting Crows
-Sheep Go to Heaven, Cake

So, that's cryptic. Not 100% sure what iTunes knew, because I can't remember what I was thinking about at the time, but iTunes in interestingly predictive...

I briefly considered taking the LSAT or applying to the CIA, but for the wrong reasons...

John Dixon looks like a young Dick Van Dyke, of which I'm envious, because I wish I was a young Dick Van Dyke...

That came up, because I'm understudying John for Dog & Pony's production of Noah Haidle's Mr. Marmalade at the Storefront Theater at/in/part of Gallery 37 downtown. So, that's going on. That and Kafka's The Castle, with the Right Brain Project, which opens at the Trapdoor Theatre on May 10.

The rest of my notes are my expenses and stuff. So, I guess I've been a little consumed with Mr. Marmalade and The Castle, and my Profiles Theatre class wrapping up. Kim had a going-away party last weekend that was delightful, and we'll miss her terribly. She'll be in Japan, teaching English for a year. Which is an excellent excuse to bring up this historical Conversation That Actually Happened, circa Spring 2001:

Why is she going there? [Ed. note - Prague, I think]
To teach English to people who don't know it.
For good?
No, for evil.


This has been another installment of Conversations That Actually Happened Theater. Good day.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home